Global politics is an exciting, dynamic subject that draws on a variety of disciplines in the social sciences and humanities, reflecting the complex nature of many contemporary political issues. The study of global politics enables students to critically engage with different and new perspectives and approaches to politics in order to comprehend the challenges of the changing world and become aware of their role in it as active global citizens.
Students will explore fundamental political concepts such as power, equality, sustainability and peace in a range of contexts. They will develop an understanding of the local, national, international and global dimensions of political activity and processes, as well as to explore political issues affecting their own lives.
This subject aims to enable learners to:
- Understand key political concepts and contemporary political issues in a range of contexts
- Develop an understanding of the local, national, international and global dimensions of political activity
- Understand, appreciate and critically engage with a variety of perspectives and approaches in global politics
- Appreciate the complex and interconnected nature of political issues, and develop the capacity to
- Interpret competing and contestable claims regarding those issues.