Year 10 Senior Education and Training Plans
Year 10 Senior Education and Training Plans (SETPlan) interviews are presently scheduled for Tuesday 6 June 8:30am - 3:40pm. SETPlan interviews are completed by all Year 10 students and are a compulsory requirement of Education Queensland.
For Year 10 students, it will involved consideration and completion of their compulsory Senior Education Plans. This process will enable students to have a clear pathway as they move into the IB Dimploma in Year 11.
The SETPlan is a document developed by every Year 10 students, with the help of QACI staff and parents. It provides the opportunity for students in their senior years of school to set goals and track their progress throughout their tertiary study and the world at work. Furthermore, the SETPlan process is designed to help students create, document and work towards their career and academic goals in a formal process.
promotes learning that is aligned with students’ aspirations and
abilities that, at QACI, leads to the awarding of a QCE and/or an IB
Diploma. It will serve as a reference point or map for students as they
progress through their senior schooling and will support their
participation in further education and training.
The SETPlan is a flexible document designed to change over time and will be reviewed regularly. Leading up to the SETPlan
conferences, students will be guided through a series of steps to gain
understanding of their strengths and aspirations in readiness for the
completion of their SETPlan forms, and subject confirmation for the IB Diploma. As well as discussing the SETPlan,
this conference aims to provide the platform for a concise discussion
about your student’s progress and ability to succeed and will ensure
their HL/SL subject choices support this.
How will it all happen
- Parents will book their interview time with the teacher using the PTOnline booking system. When prompted for a phone number, parents are asked to type either QACI for a face to face interview or ONLINE for a Teams conference. Please do not enter a phone number.
- For face to face interviews, students and parents will meet with the teacher at the scheduled time.
- For online interviews, students will be on campus with their teacher. Parents will click on the link provided prior to the scheduled interview time. Please ensure your student has a copy of the interviews you have scheduled.
- Teachers will let parents into the MS Teams meeting at the booked time of each interview.
How to Book
Bookings open at 6pm, Tuesday 30 May and the system will close Monday 5 June, 8am.
Click HERE to go to the PTO booking system.
Click “Obtain PIN/Password” and enter your email address. (This must be the email address previously supplied to QACI).
Your PIN will be emailed to you. The email you receive will include a link that can be clicked on to log straight into PTO, bypassing the login screen.
Bookings are unable to be made unable to be made before the scheduled opening time of 6pm, Tuesday 30 May.
Please ensure you do not type in your phone number when prompted. Please type either QACI or ONLINE.
Full instructions when using PTO are provided to you after log in. Please note the following points:
- When you log on, the system displays only your own child/children. You would only use one parent to log in unless parents are separated and require individual interviews.
- You will only see time slots which are available at the time you are using the system. As time slots are booked they are no longer displayed as available.
- Other parents may be making bookings at the same time that you are using the system. It is possible, though unlikely, that a timeslot is displayed to you as available, but is then booked by another parent shortly afterwards. If you then attempt to book this timeslot it will not be available and a message will be displayed to indicate this.
When you have made all the bookings you require, you can print a report of your bookings in time order.
Please contact Trudie Bailey, preferably via email at email@example.com or on 3552 9333 from 8:00am - 2:30pm if you have any questions about Year 10 Set Plan Appointments.