Department of Education, Trading as Education Queensland International, CRICOS Provider Code: 00608A
Queensland Academies Creative Industries (QACI) is excited to open up opportunities for international students to join our vibrant community and expand our global connections. Our students study the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP), a rigorous learning and assessment program recognised worldwide, providing access to the world's leading universities. We also believe our community members will benefit and gain enrichment from the homestay exchange experience.
Our campus has the capacity to enrol up to 450 students in Years 10, 11 and 12.
Locally, students benefit from unique partnerships with the Queensland University of Technology, the University of Queensland and Griffith University to provide a seamless transition between senior school and university for highly capable students. Students and staff engage in strong research-based models of learning and teaching in collaboration with university and industry partners.
Each student at QACI is offered an integrated, parallel support structure to foster a sense of belonging that supports, encourages and celebrates success. Our teachers, and other support staff, work closely with students in small groups and in one on one mentoring to ensure students balance the challenges of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with other pursuits. This is further supported by our Principal, Mr Gavin Bryce who personally manages and monitors the welfare arrangements for any international students enrolled at QACI who are not under the direct care and supervision of their parents or a close family relatives.
Detailed information for International students considering applying for a place at our campus can be found:
Apply to QACI
Application Process for International Students
All students seeking enrolment into QACI must undertake a selective-entry application process. Students must demonstrate strong performance in each of the components of the application process (academic reports, Entrance Test and interview) and be assessed as the most suitable candidate for a vacancy. Highly capable students with a record of strong academic performance are welcome to apply.
The application process for an international student is therefore:
- Contact Education Queensland International. Complete an EQI Application if advised to do so by Education Queensland International.
- EQI will inform Queensland Academies when you have an approved EQI application.
- Queensland Academies will then contact you and invite you to submit an application directly to Queensland Academies.
- The Queensland Academies application fee is currently $250, which includes the on-campus Entrance Test conducted by independent testing body, Edutest. If you need to sit the Entrance Test remotely (interstate or overseas), Edutest has a Remote Testing Service for an additional fee: refer to Edutest's Remote Testing Service eligibility before you lodge your application.
- Tuition fees: See the EQI website for international student fees
- Non-tuition fees: Like any state school, students are required to meet their own uniform and equipment costs which are comparable to other state schools.
- IB Approved Calculator - approximately $200
- Approved Laptop (refer to the BYOD page)
- Stationery: Prior to the end of the school year students and parents will receive a stationery list, presented by subject. It is the responsibility of families to ensure students are equipped for learning
- Uniforms: Students attending QACI are required to purchase and wear the correct uniform.
International Program staff
General information for international students about studying in Queensland State Secondary Schools can be found on the Education Queensland International website or families can make contact via email:
We invite you to become part of our international community. Please feel free to email our admissions office if you have any further questions.
At QACI, our international staff are dedicated to providing our international students with the best possible experience during their time with us.
At Queensland Academies, our international staff are dedicated to providing our international students with the best possible experience during their time with us.
Admissions Office Phone Number: +61 7 3377 9366
Admissions and Homestay Coordinator: Cathryn Sarjito
International Student Coordinator, QACI: Pam Govender +61 7 3552 9333.
1800QSTUDY - (1800 778 839)
Emergency and Out of Hours Contact Support
The 1800QSTUDY service provides support for students and their authorised contacts and Education Queensland International (EQI) homestay hosts, and responds to incidents that involve international students outside school hours.
For more information read the 1800QSTUDY Brochure or vist the 1800QSTUDY website.