Our commitment to the financial wellbeing of students and our community
Our school has a clear direction to guide students towards a preferred future. Every student’s future will involve daily financial decision-making that will impact on the well-being of themselves, and their future partners and families.
For this reason, we are pleased to partner with QUT to introduce The Wealth Academy’s financial life skills resource library to our school community. The Academy is owned and directed by an experienced ex-teacher, Ken Swan, who understands schooling, and as a parent of teenagers knows only too well the pressures being placed on our youth to spend, spend, spend.
The Academy develops and provides financial life skill resources that will help students to build their capacity toward responsible, effective and safe financial decisions in the future. These resources include:
- A financial life skills ezine, especially written for teenagers, that will be made available to students and their families on our Partners web page
- Financial life skill e-posters that parents may wish to use at home
- Financial life skills information that will be a regular feature in future school newsletters
- Hundreds of resources for teachers, and
- A website for parents with a range of resources to help them guide the financial education of their children.
Our school values our partnership with parents. The shared responsibility we have of raising children and educating students is critically important. We are pleased to bring this library into our school community and hope families will make use of it as they see fit.
It is our hope that through this partnership we can guide our students, your children; towards a preferred financial future.
If you would like to:
- know more about The Wealth Academy visit the website thewealthacademy.com.au
- subscribe for the Academy’s monthly newsletter, on the bottom right of the website homepage
- contact Ken Swan, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org