In 2014 the Queensland Academies Creative Industries Campus (QACI) became an Independent Public School within Education Queensland. The Independent Public Schools Initiative recognises the best decision making, for the most part, occurs at a local level through direct response to local community needs and aspirations.
It is designed to reduce the amount of red tape, giving schools more opportunities to achieve the best possible outcomes for their students and local communities.
As an independent Public School, QACI has a School Council. The role of the School Council is to:
Monitor the school’s strategic direction
- Plans and policies of the school of a strategic nature
- Other documents affecting strategic matters, including he annual estimate of revenue and expenditure for the school.
- Monitor the implementation of the plans, policies and other documents mentioned above
- Advise the school’s Principal about strategic matters
The council must perform its functions in a way that achieves the best outcomes for the school’s students.
The school council must meet at least twice each semester.
The Independent Public Schools initiative will not have any impact on the functions of P&Cs.
The objectives of the P&C Association are to promote the interests, and facilitate the development and further improvement of the Queensland Academies Creative Industries Campus.
General Meetings of the Association are held on the third Wednesday of each calendar month.
In pursuit of the Association’s objectives, the functions of the Association are:
- to foster special interest in the general community and the business community in educational matters connected to the Academy and the Creative Industries;
- to foster general community interest in educational matters;
- to endeavour to bring about closer co-operation between the parents of students attending the Academy, other members of the community and the staff and students of the Academy;
- to provide advice and recommendations to the Principal of the Academy on issues and concerns in respect of students and the general operation and management of the Academy;
- to provide or assist in the provision of financial or other resources or services for the benefit of students of the Academy;
- to participate in any committee or other body comprising members of the Academy and wider community, which will contribute to the general benefit of students attending the Academy;
- to perform any other functions as the Minister may determine.