Information Communication Technologies (ICT) and the Academy Learning Environment
The overall vision for ICT at Queensland Academy for Creative Industries is to allow higher learning to occur by making ICT an integral part of learning underpinned by creativity, innovation and enterprise.
- Students to take control of their learning through flexible, collaborative, self-paced 24/7 learning using technology as a tool for complex thinking processes and meaningful learning
- Staff to make connections with ICT professional development opportunities in order to maximise professional capability to further engage students in critical thinking and improve academic performance in all faculty areas
- The teaching and learning process to be enhanced through a one-to-one laptop program which will take advantage of current and new technologies to facilitate higher order thinking.
To enable this to occur, E-Learning and ICT at the Academy is underpinned by the following strategic and operational processes:
- Alignment with EQ’s vision for Smart Classrooms
- Multi-level/Multi-faceted approach to developing professionals’ capability in ensuring ICT is integral to learning
- Strategic alliances and partnerships with industry, educational organisations, communities and key individuals
- Secure online presence to facilitate access to learning management systems and digital portfolios
- ICT Infrastructure, support processes and policies to ensure efficient operation of the facilities
eLearning Policies and Forms
Download 2013 Year 10 ICT Forms (PDF 77KB)
Download 2013 Year 11 ICT Forms (PDF 72KB)
Download 2013 Year 12 ICT Forms (PDF 80KB)
Cybersafety and Cyberbullying
Download “Who’s chatting to your kids” brochure (PDF 1.1MB)
QACI is working closely with Apple in supporting our one to one laptop program and to make ICT integral to learning.
Queensland Academy for Creative Industries (QACI) teachers are recognised by Apple for their outstanding leadership in the use of information and communication technology (ICT) in schools.