Students are expected to be at the Academy by 8.40am each day.
Consistent and high attendance is critical to academic success. Students are required to maintain a minimum attendance of 95%.
Absence: If a student is absent, the Academy must be formally notified within one day of the student’s return to school.
This can be achieved by:
- Phoning the absence line 07 3552 9360
- Emailing email@example.com
- Presenting a signed note to your Success Coach at roll marking
Students of the Academy are enrolled full time and they are expected to attend each Academy day in its entirety. Students are expected to attend all timetabled classes, lectures and tutorials. Approved absence from the Academy may occur as a result of:
- Participation in an Academy approved event or activity;
- Other circumstances as approved by the Principal.
When a student is absent from the Academy the parent/carer must notify the Client Services staff by email or telephone before 9am on the day of absence to the Student Absentee Line 3552 9360, or provide a note to be presented on the student’s first day back at the Academy. If it is expected that the student will be absent for more than two days, prior notification is required. Illness that interferes with assessment must be reported in accordance with the Assessment Policy Guidelines.
On time arrival at the Academy, in the mornings and to all classes during the day, fully prepared to learn is a basic expectation. Late arrival to class impacts negatively on the late student’s learning opportunities and disrupts the learning environment of others. If a student is unavoidably late to the Academy they are to report to Client Services and sign in with the reason for lateness. A pattern of late arrivals will necessitate a meeting with parents/guardians. Together we can work to ensure that the learning and teaching in each lesson is maximised.
Students are to remain on campus at all times during the school day. It is not permissible to leave the grounds without prior arrangements approved by the school. Approval to undertake the recess Activities Program may constitute this. Early departures for such things as medical appointments must be arranged through Client Services, with notification from a parent/guardian.
Medication at school
Any medication to be issued to students while at the Academy must:
- be brought into the Academy by the parent/caregiver
- be removed from the Academy by the parent/caregiver for holiday periods etc. Students will not be issued with medication in bulk under any circumstances
Medication will only be issued to students at the Academy when:
- An “Administration of Medication” form has been completed in full by the parent/caregiver and signed by the medical practitioner
- The original label is provided stating:
- the name of the student
- dosage and medication times
- medical authority has been provided in writing from a doctor or qualified practitioner
- Students will be required to take the medication in the presence of, and observed, by the staff administering
A record of the time, date and dosage will be maintained on each occasion a student takes medication. This will be completed at the time a student takes the medication.
Verbal authorisation will not be accepted.