QACI's inaugural Design Day was a great success and provided the context in which students were able to discover more about study and career pathways in design through direct interaction with practising designers.
Here is some feedback from our students:
- Sophie Y11 - Design Day enabled me to better understand how design is used in the real world.
- Aidan Y11 - It has broadened my knowledge on the design process, the insights into the designers' backgrounds and stories have made the experience more engaging.
- Anastasia Y12 - I enjoyed the inter-activeness of each workshop, it was good to get to be hands-on and do it ourselves.
- Allegra Y11 - My lightbulb moment was when I was mapping my everyday travel route with the designer and I discovered the amount of design flaws with public transport.
- Elijah Y11 - I learned that working with teams helps the design process move along quicker and with less bumps. it is very important to work with others through each part of the process even just to receive a different point of view.
- Sabrina Y12 - I enjoyed getting to know QACI alumni and their experiences in Design and why they chose to study their particular course.
- Keanu Y10 - Design Day enabled me to find clarity on design processes and the multiple aspects of design.
- Simone Y10 - Design Day has helped me have a better understanding for architecture and bio-medical research. Today also help improve my sketching abilities and working in a team.
Thank you to the staff in the QACI Design Faculty and our visiting designers: QACI alums - Gonzalo, Phillipa, Jasmine, and Aimee; Peter, Tiffany, Jemima, Jack, Rebecca and Sean.